So you need health insurance! What’s your best path to getting the right health insurance for yourself or your family?
There are websites that profess they will connect you up with the best plan. They will ask you questions and then recommend a plan based on your answers. You can also go to www.healthcare.gov and apply directly to get health insurance under the Affordable Care Act of 2010.
If you’re a person with very simple needs, this kind of guided, online enrollment might work for you. But there are many situations in which this is not your best approach for obtaining insurance. For some individuals or families, enlisting professional support might get you better and more complete coverages for your specific situation.
Who Needs Professional Guidance When Looking for Health Insurance?
Who would be really smart to seek out professional assistance when enrolling in a health insurance plan? Anyone in any of these situations.
- Someone who has concerns about getting the best coverage.
- Anyone who does not want to be surprised later by a lack of coverage or high out-of-pocket costs.
- A person finding coverage in a complicated family situation involving blended families, remarriages, stepchildren, and so on.
- Anyone who is divorced or receives support payments.
- Someone who is planning to retire soon.
- Anyone with significant financial assets.
- A person with existing health conditions or medication needs, especially if they are complicated.
- And finally, when someone wants personalized service and wishes to avoid the long wait times that are typical when you’re trying to call insurance companies.
Not Everyone Can Do Their Taxes at H&R Block
There are some people who have very simple financial or life situations. They can go to any tax service for help working out their taxes. But health insurance can be more complicated. By signing up for health insurance through one of these websites or www.healthcare.gov, they might not be able to take advantage of laws that actually do apply to them.
Those laws are too numerous to list here. (There are 906 pages in the original Affordable Care Act of 2010 and more pages have been added since.) It actually takes years of experience to learn all the situations affected by these 906 plus pages of the Affordable Care Act.
After many years of working with various types of insurance, I founded MBhealth to help people navigate the Marketplace and get the best coverage for themselves and their families. I know what a frustrating experience it can be to deal with even slightly complicated familial or financial situations.
If you are looking for a better arrangement for your own health insurance, or you’re looking for health insurance for the first time, call us at (314) 544-5400. We can also help if your situation is changing or complicated. All the consultants at MBhealth work for you, not the insurance companies or the government. We are committed to helping you navigate through the confusion to get the best result in the shortest time.